Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wolf Tooth » May 19th, 2005, 4:53 pm

Oh gawwwwwwwwwwww! I need a tisue at the end. *sniff, sniff* But it's 'a good movie, yes. I just love the consept of Emperor used Aniken's weaknesses(i.e. his lust of power, Padame, the children)to influence him. Has anyone else, but me, noticed that Palpatine was influencing Anken to like him as early as episode1('And you, young Skywalker; we shall watch your career with great interest')?
... ...

Did anyone catched Hayden's yummy body at the end of the dream? :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 19th, 2005, 5:06 pm

Yeah... Yeah, that movie was badass.

The diolouge during the lovey-dovey parts weren't that great, but I'm a sucker for a love story, so I liked it anyway.

My only real complaint with the movie was that General Grievous was NOT IN IT ENOUGH. Seriously he was like... So friggen cool it wasn't even funny.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 19th, 2005, 5:43 pm

Do you guys realise that you only need to move only one letter in the word 'Sith' to spell out what that movie is?

Seriously, now you're all seeing it, I can say how disappointed I was. I stand by what I said here last week that it is "bigger" than Clones, but not better.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 20th, 2005, 12:10 am

Check this out!

If the IMDB database is correct, one of the Jedi slain in Episode III has an animation legend connection -- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1116989/

Actress and Production Assistant/LucasFilm employee Amy Allen, who played Jedi Aayla Secura, is the granddaughter of Heck Allen!

Heck Allen wrote many of the classic Tex Avery shorts during Avery's MGM years...

His granddaughter sure looks hot. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 20th, 2005, 12:19 am

I liked it. I certainly had complaints but nothing that killed my overall enjoyment. My best friend and I have been discussing Star Wars for over twenty years (no, not all at once) and quite often will mention something that doesn't seem quite right with the acting, the cinematography, the dialogue, etc. etc. etc. but it is never enough to lead us to say, "Therefore we don't like Star Wars."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 20th, 2005, 12:55 am

GeorgeC wrote: His granddaughter sure looks hot. :lol:
O_O
That she does

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 20th, 2005, 10:13 am

Just found the Amazon.com UK website's listing for the Episode III single CD version of "Battle of the Heroes!"

In case you're interested in this CD, the listing is here -- http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 60-8632624

Apparently, this is NOT being sold in the US. It may show up as an import at some American music stores, then again it may not.

This CD seems similar to the promo CD sent to radio stations last month but also has a video on it? It's probably encoded in Windows or QuickTime because I didn't see anything else. I doubt it's DVD quality video.

Anyhow, it's seems cheap that enough with shipping it might be worth checking out.

This year is FAR from the last we'll be seeing of Star Wars at any rate...

Oh, and Amy Allen is supposed to be reprising her Jedi role in one of the Star Wars TV series set during the Clone Wars! Shhhhhhhhwwwwiiiiinnngggg!

(And on that note, I bet her grandfather's ghost is spinning in the afterlife... It's one thing to write sex jokes for Tex Avery, another to hear anonymous posters drool over the granddaughter. :lol: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 20th, 2005, 2:04 pm

"Oh, and Amy Allen is supposed to be reprising her Jedi role in one of the Star Wars TV series set during the Clone Wars! Shhhhhhhhwwwwiiiiinnngggg!"

I believe that's just a rumor at this point. I hope it's true though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » May 20th, 2005, 4:35 pm

$50 million in one day.... I sure wish I were George Lucas... all that money... :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 22nd, 2005, 4:40 pm

I have never been too much of a Star Wars fan, especially when it comes to Episode I. In fact, I was so disappointed with the first prequel that I didn't even bother to see Episode II. Nonetheless, a friend of mine somehow got free tickets to see Episode III and invited me along. Thus, I agreed to check it out.

I thought Episode III was fantastic. To me, the majority of the drama didn't feel too forced, as some critics are saying. True, the film does have its less-than-perfect moments. But most films do. For what it tries to be, Episode III succeeds, in my opinion.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » May 23rd, 2005, 12:56 pm

Ben wrote:Do you guys realise that you only need to move only one letter in the word 'Sith' to spell out what that movie is?

Seriously, now you're all seeing it, I can say how disappointed I was. I stand by what I said here last week that it is "bigger" than Clones, but not better.
:shock: Wow! I am baffled by how anyone can think this is a bad movie! I found this movie to be absolutely INCREDIBLE! Without question it ranks right up there beside The Empire Strikes Back. The story, the visuals, the pacing, the dialogue (YES! THE DIALOGUE-- I felt it was, for the most part, very good!) the acting (MUCH improved from the ATOC -- don't know how you can say otherwise..) all worked for me. This movie FELT like a Star Wars movie to me. Honestly, even though I am a huge Star Wars fan, I am objective enough that I can see the naysayers argument. I understood where they were coming from on The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones; I could see their points on those films. But this one, no way. I couldn't disagree more. This is a masterpiece, plain and simple. Loved every minute of it --- I'm anxious to see it again!!
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 23rd, 2005, 1:43 pm

Saw it last night. I liked it. Hayden still can't act, Lucas still can't keep out the cheesy dialog (my friend and I looked at each other with grimaces several times during the show), and Anakin's "conversion" to the Dark Side happened way too quickly (despite all the foreshadowing, I still didn't buy it when it happened). Still, it was a wild ride and I got tingles up my spine while watching the final duel. So, while it wasn't a GREAT film, it got the job done about as well as could be expected. Does that means "thumbs up"? Yeah, it does. The spectacle of it all was breathtaking, and it had more emotion to it than the previous films. The plot also finally all came together. More than ever, the first two prequels simply look like a prelude to the REAL story that we finally saw in Episode III.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 23rd, 2005, 2:34 pm

Um... Opinons... They're great, aren't they? :)

Anyway, for me:

Big opening - too much too fast. Rescuing Palpatine - very good, fun and adventurous with even some of the humor of the OT!

Then, everything went downhill. Padme is pregnant despite Anakin not being around (??) and everything starts happening BECAUSE IT HAS TO and not because it feels natural.

I basically wanted more: more depth. More of Anakin/Vader on fire (and how did he manage to put himself out????), more Yoda (none of this "there is no try, only do" stuff - he just gives up when he loses his coat!!), more of Vader's birth (we've been waiting over 25 years and it's over in a matter of seconds?!?! Where's the pain? The close ups of the machine being welded to the flesh?), more deciding on what to do with the kids (quick - we're near the end of the film, named 'em, ship 'em out!) and more explanation all around (why is Leia a princess when her father is a senator, why is Luke given the name Skywalker, when it should have been Lars if they wanted to hide him, why is C-3PO's memory ordered wiped - there's no reason apart from trying to fix the holes in George's ill-fitting puzzle).

Dammit, I wanted more of the so called EMOTION that they've been pushing in this thing, rather than the simply moodiness and puppy-dog tears that actually fills long, badly written and boring dialogue scenes.

Basically, this dropped the ball on too many occaisions to be a great film, and to call it a masterpiece is, well, I don't want to be rude, but it's foolish. Of course, mine is just an opinion as much as anyone else's, and I can see that many will/have get some kicks out of this.

But whereas we should ALL be coming out saying "Wow! Yeah! Man that was awesome! Fantastic!", the views are decidedly split - and some fns are even apologetically saying things like "well, it's the best of the prequels" (not saying much anyway) or "well, it's a good enough film, if not Star Wars".

The wooden acting, the simply poor dialogue, the cop-out writing that randomly hands out plot points to whoever's in the room/handy at the time, only for us to just get into it before moving on (too much to fit in to this one, George Lucas), is all here, but how come it wasn't in the OT? Could Lucas have struck it lucky first time around, and how lucky was he again to have Lawrence Kasdan on board for Empire? How crappy might Empire have been if Lucas had done it himself - seems it would have been a "clone" of the first, but Kasdan saved the day and is sorely missing on these prequels, which serves, Revenge Of The S**t especially, to simply get everything we ever wanted to see out there quick and cheerless.

Well, this is Star Wars, George Lucas, and it should be a lot better than this! ;(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » May 23rd, 2005, 2:40 pm

Macaluso wrote:Yeah... Yeah, that movie was badass.

The diolouge during the lovey-dovey parts weren't that great, but I'm a sucker for a love story, so I liked it anyway.

My only real complaint with the movie was that General Grievous was NOT IN IT ENOUGH. Seriously he was like... So friggen cool it wasn't even funny.
You are SO right, Macaluso! :P This movie is so great it leaves me at a loss for words.

Yeah, I think General Greivous was an awesome new character, a great villian. The voice was terrific and I especially like the very nice touch of adding the cough. I don't know why, but that just makes the character so much more interesting to me!
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 23rd, 2005, 3:31 pm

More than ever, the first two prequels simply look like a prelude to the REAL story that we finally saw in Episode III.
I've been saying for six years that Episode III will be the real thing and Episodes I and II will merely be stepping stones to it.

I have minor complaints about every single one of the movies but I still like Star Wars as a whole.